Milton Park Primary School

Every day a learning adventure


When is PE ?

PE is on a Friday , we ask children to wear their PE kit into school. We expect children to wear a plain white t-shirt and black shorts (or black jogging bottoms in the autumn and winter months) together with appropriate footwear (black daps in the spring and summer months and trainers in the autumn and winter). We advise children wear their school jumpers on PE days as they will be learning outside.


How often does my child need to read at home? 

We ask all children to read a minimum of 3 times a week. 


My child has finished their reading book - how do they change it ?

Adults check reading books once a week . We encourage children to change their book independently once they have become free readers, and they can change these when they have shown an adult that their book is finished.


My child has lost their coat, jumper , fleece or shoes - what do I do ?

Don't worry, we all know the frustration and cost of children losing their school clothes, if your child has lost an item of clothing - don't worry we will help them find it. We try our best to find missing items but sometimes it takes a day or two for the clothing to be located. Missing clothing often goes home, by mistake with the wrong child, by ensuring you label and name items will help us match clothing to the correct child.


How can I help my child more at home with their learning ?

Although we don't set weekly homework in year 2, your child can access Numbots and Timetable Rock Stars at home. Additionally, we can always signpost you to individual  tasks which can support your child at home. 


Follow the links below to some useful website, which can support learning at home.


School dinners - how do I know what's on the menu ?

We encourage you to share the menu with your child and discuss the options for the day. The menu is on a 3 weekly rotation, they can choose from the main option, vegetarian option  , filled  jacket potato or sandwich. The menu can be found on the website or the school office has paper copies.


How do I pay for school trips ,breakfast club or after school club?

We have an electronic system called Parent Pay, all payments can be made through this. If you need further details contact the office - they will be happy to help.