Respect Resilience Responsibility
We are very proud of our school uniform and believe that it is important for children to have a level playing field during the school day and not feel any pressures to wear the latest fashion or expensive brand of trainer. We deliberately make our uniform very accessible – it can be purchased cheaply from local supermarkets and, although logoed items are available through our website, these are not a requirement.
Children should wear the following uniform:
- jumpers and cardigans: All jumpers, fleeces and cardigans must be a red or burgundy colour. These DO NOT have to have the Milton Park logo on them. Year 6 children may wear their Milton Park Leavers' hoodie on the play ground or during P.E lessons but this does not replace a coat.
- tops: children should wear a white polo shirt or shirt. These DO NOT have to have the logo on them.
- trousers, shorts, skirts and dresses: All children should wear tailored trousers, shorts, skirts or pinafore dresses which are black or grey in colour. Leggings, jeggings and denim (including black jeggings or skinny jeans) are not permitted, even if purchased from the school uniform section of a shop. Skirts must be of an appropriate length for active play preferably no shorter than 1 inch above the knee. In the summer months, children may wish to wear white and red checked summer dresses.
- footwear: All shoes or sensible flat boots must be black, navy or brown and preferably ‘polishable’. (Ug style boots are not permitted). Open-toed and backless sandals are not permitted for health and safety reasons.
- P.E kits: due to current COVID-19 restrictions we ask that children come into school on their PE day wearing their PE kit and suitable footwear. We ask that pupils in EYFS and year 1 have velcro trainers for PE unless they can tie their shoe laces. Children will be allowed to wear trainers on PE days.
- PE kits: during the winter months please ensure that your child's PE kit will keep your child warm. Skorts and shorts during this time will be unsuitable and we would highly recommend jogging trousers
- coats: All children must wear a waterproof coat for outdoor play during wet weather. If children do not have a coat in school, they will be kept inside so that they are not sat in damp clothes for the rest of the day.
- hair accessories: All hair longer than shoulder length should be tied up. Hair accessories should be practical and of a sensible size.
- jewellery: Children may wear a wrist watch (no smart watches please). Children with pierced ears can wear plain stud earrings or something of a similar size. For health and safety reasons, all jewellery will need to be removed for PE. If it is not possible to remove earrings, they should be taped over by the parent before coming to school. No other jewellery is permitted, including charity bands and friendship bracelets.
- socks and tights: Tights should be in school colours (grey, black or red). However, socks are you chance to make your mark... any colour... any design...
Please see the website at www.conceptwear.co.uk for opening information during this time. Due to Coronavirus guidelines there are changes to how you can buy your school uniform.
Hope Uniform Exchange
Hope Uniform Exchange is a scheme in Weston-Super-Mare aimed at providing school uniforms and P.E kits to underprivileged families, and a uniform exchange for all parents to be able to swap pre-loved clothes their children have grown out of. We are hoping to soon take charge of a big red bin in which parents can drop off their unwanted school items for us to give to the Hope Exchange.
1) Parents can swap useable pre-owned items for pre-owned items that will now fit their children
2) Parents with nothing to exchange can take pre-owned items for a donation
3) The parents most in need can access new school uniform through a referral basis (Please contact the pastoral team if this is something you would like us to do).
For more information, please follow the link https://www.facebook.com/hopeuniformexchange/
The Hope Exchange shop is currently closed but they can take orders through the email firstname.lastname@example.org.
List of items available (we will do our best to accommodate you - please clearly specify colour and size needed):
Grey/Black Trousers (Girls & boys)
Long sleeved / short sleeved white shirts
White/blue/red/yellow polo shirts
Black/navy blue/Bright blue/green/red jumpers & Cardigans
Summer dresses (various colours)
PE: Shorts, Skorts, Joggers, White t-shirts, Hoodies/Jumpers
We also have a number of the following:
Some Branded items available - Please specify specifically what you are looking for and we will do our best.