Free School Meals
Is your child entitled to Pupil Premium Funding and Free School Meals?
Pupil Premium funding is allocated to schools for:
- children eligible for Free School Meals (FSM),
- children whose parents are currently serving in the Armed Forces,
- children who have been in care or have been adopted from care,
- children who leave care under a special guardianship order or residence order.
We ask ALL parents who believe their children would be entitled to free school meals to apply for these, in order that the school can receive this additional funding.
Being eligible for Pupil Premium funding entitles your child to:
- free school meals, regardless of age,
- a subsidised place on the Year 6 Kilve residential,
- help towards the cost of school trips and visits,
- help towards the cost of school uniform, Breakfast Club and After School Club fees.
Parents or carers who receive any of the following are entitled to free school meals and Pupil Premium funding:
- Income Support (IM)
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related) - not contribution related
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA) - not contribution based
- A Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- An income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit with an annual taxable income (as assessed by HMRC) of less than £16,190.
If you think you may be entitled, please pick up an application form from the school office, from the Town Hall, or by downloading from the link below.