As we are unable to show people around at the moment due to the current circumstances, please take a look at the video below where Mrs Backler shows you all around Milton Park Primary School. If you have any questions or queries, please call the school office who can assist you further.
What a Great time we are having in EYFS!
A message from Mrs Backler the EYFS Leader
We are now speeding through November, Christmas will be with us before we know it! Lockdown or not there will be lots of festive spirit in EYFS to round off 2020!
This term our topic is 'Light and Dark'. We are enjoying exploring stories that happen at night and in the day, learning about Winter festivals celebrated all around the World and finding out about the changes to our environment as Autumn falls and the Season changes again.
We wish we could invite you in to see all the amazing learning the children have been involved in but keep your eyes peeled on our Facebook page and we will try and share as much as we can with you.
'Every day a learning adventure'
Our school motto is certainly celebrated in EYFS
Early Years Foundation Stage –Vision statement
‘Every day a learning adventure’
- we aim to give the children the best start to their school life and inspire lifelong learning
- we provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment where everyone is valued and their views respected
- we encourage the children to have high expectations of themselves and have a good understanding of how they learn through the EYFS characteristics of learning
- we strive to develop positive relationships with the children, their families and the wider community to enable all children to achieve their full potential
- we plan and deliver a curriculum, using the EYFS framework, to enable all children to achieve good progress from their starting points
- we aim provide a balance of child- initiated, adult led and quality child/adult interactions that encourage children to be independent as well as to collaborate effectively with their peers
- we value the importance of play and aim to provide quality learning provocations both in the classroom and in the outdoor environment as well as a variety of relevant, challenging, and stimulating first hand experiences
Click the link below to see our Graduation videos where we sang songs and shared our favourite memories of the year. We wish we could of all been in school to graduate Reception together but we were all there in spirit! Thank you all for a fantastic year. Enjoy your summer from the EYFS team.