As we are unable to show people around at the moment due to the current circumstances, please take a look at the video below where Mrs Backler shows you all around Milton Park Primary School. If you have any questions or queries, please call the school office who can assist you further.
What a Great time we are having in EYFS!
A message from Mrs Backler the EYFS Leader
We are so glad we got to welcome you all back for one day this term to hear all about your Christmas celebrations!
Thank you to all our families who are engaging in remote learning with such enthusiasm and commitment to the tasks. Remember to check the EYFS remote learning page for the learning set each week and log in to view the activities set on Tapestry each day.
We understand how difficult it is if you are working and home schooling very young children so please make the learning fit around your families and remember it is vital the children have plenty of time to play independently which we love to see on Tapestry.
This term our topic is 'Everyday Heroes'. We are thinking about people who help us in our every day lives, they do not wear a cape or have superpowers they are heroes to us because they are always there to help.
We wish we could see you all every day but we will be back together as soon as we can.
In the meantime, watch out for a knock at the door in the next couple of weeks as we will be bringing you a present that you will be able to use in our Teams sessions.
(We will drop the gift on the doorstep, knock the door and stand well back so we can have a safe, socially distanced chat when you answer the door!)
'Every day a learning adventure'
Our school motto is certainly celebrated in EYFS
Early Years Foundation Stage –Vision statement
‘Every day a learning adventure’
- we aim to give the children the best start to their school life and inspire lifelong learning
- we provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment where everyone is valued and their views respected
- we encourage the children to have high expectations of themselves and have a good understanding of how they learn through the EYFS characteristics of learning
- we strive to develop positive relationships with the children, their families and the wider community to enable all children to achieve their full potential
- we plan and deliver a curriculum, using the EYFS framework, to enable all children to achieve good progress from their starting points
- we aim provide a balance of child- initiated, adult led and quality child/adult interactions that encourage children to be independent as well as to collaborate effectively with their peers
- we value the importance of play and aim to provide quality learning provocations both in the classroom and in the outdoor environment as well as a variety of relevant, challenging, and stimulating first hand experiences
Click the link below to see our Graduation videos where we sang songs and shared our favourite memories of the year. We wish we could of all been in school to graduate Reception together but we were all there in spirit! Thank you all for a fantastic year. Enjoy your summer from the EYFS team.