What a Great time we are having in EYFS!
A message from Mrs Backler the EYFS Leader
Hello, and welcome to all our new children and their families who have joined our Milton Park family.
We are so proud of how amazingly well the children have settled into school over the last few weeks. They are becoming independent and resilient learners who have decided between them which rules should apply to keep our environment a happy, safe and fun place to be.
We aim to open Tapestry, our online learning journal, to parents in the next couple of weeks so you can share in the experiences your children are having at school. The great thing about Tapestry is that YOU can also upload learning experiences you children have at home.
As of Monday 28th September we will be opening our doors from 8.30-8.50 in the mornings. We hope this will ease congestion in the mornings.
The gates will then open at 3.00pm for home time, please remember to social distance yourselves to keep you and your family safe.
Lets hope the sun keeps shining through to half term, although to be honest we make enough sunshine in EYFS to light up the World!!!
Early Years Foundation Stage –Vision statement
‘Every day a learning adventure’
- we aim to give the children the best start to their school life and inspire lifelong learning
- we provide a happy, safe and stimulating environment where everyone is valued and their views respected
- we encourage the children to have high expectations of themselves and have a good understanding of how they learn through the EYFS characteristics of learning
- we strive to develop positive relationships with the children, their families and the wider community to enable all children to achieve their full potential
- we plan and deliver a curriculum, using the EYFS framework, to enable all children to achieve good progress from their starting points
- we aim provide a balance of child- initiated, adult led and quality child/adult interactions that encourage children to be independent as well as to collaborate effectively with their peers
- we value the importance of play and aim to provide quality learning provocations both in the classroom and in the outdoor environment as well as a variety of relevant, challenging, and stimulating first hand experiences
Click the link below to see our Graduation videos where we sang songs and shared our favourite memories of the year. We wish we could of all been in school to graduate Reception together but we were all there in spirit! Thank you all for a fantastic year. Enjoy your summer from the EYFS team.